1. Tell me about yourself. Brief Introduction – (Cheche, 25, sales executive, BSBA — undergrad, 3 yrs and 4 months)
2. Why did you come to Dubai? To give the needs of my family , specially my son.
3. What were your previous jobs? Same. I’m really in a feild of retail since then.
4. How do you find your current job? Are you happy/satisfied with it? I knew the company im working now thru my friends. As of now, I’m still happy with it.
5. Are you able to save in Dubai? Why/How? Yes. By controlling myself in buying things which are not necessary.
6. Is it difficult to live in Dubai? What are/were your struggles? What’s life like outside work? Yes it is hard cause alot of things are not permitted to do freely. And being far away from my family is of one the hardest part of being an OFW.
7. What do you Like about Dubai? Knowing alot of people. It makes you wiser. Cause once u met alot of people. It is not that hard for you to differentiate the good ones and bad ones. What i like in Dubai is innovation. Everyday , there are changes.
8. What do you NOT Like about Dubai? Cost of living.
9. What are your plans in your career/family/future? I wanna have my own business in Philippines.
10. You have any tips for Kabayans when working/finding work/living in Dubai? Just stay strong and be positive all the time. It is fine to be sad, to cry but right after you cry just get up think about the reason why you are here abroad.
Photos taken by: Gabriel John Rimando
Are you a Global Filipino ( Filipinos working abroad ). Do you want to be featured in our website? Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us share your stories to inspire other Global Filipinos.