Have you ever had your tourist or residence visa rejected? There are a few reasons why the Dubai government is not approving it.
In an article written by Gulf News, it mentions the most common reasons why one’s tourist and residencce visa gets rejected.
The inputs below are extracted from Gulf News’ interview with Dubai-based public relations manager Moosa Bin Ali.
- A previous visa has been issued under your name. If you had a prior visa and left UAE without cancelling it, a new visa will not get issued under your name. Fixing this requires one to to go to the immigration department and rectify it.
“If a company applies for a tourist visa or visit visa for you and before you enter the country, if you get a job offer. Your new employer will not be able to apply for your visa,” Bin Ali said.
- Hand-written passports. UAE authorities do not accept passport with handwritten entries.
- Criminal records. Those who are entering the country with previous criminal offence, fraid or misconduct cannot get their visas approved.
- Unclear document copies. Unclear document copies can lead to delays or rejection. Always provide a clear copy of your documents to avoid hassle.
- For women above the age 18 but below 22, application for visit visa is subject to approval. This is UAE’s way to fight human trafficking.
Tip: Be very careful typing your information on the application form because the money is not refundable if your visa gets rejected.