UAE has recently announced that it’s suspending the issuance of all entry visas starting March 17.
Local reports are still not clear if this decision covers those people on visit visa.
Left worried with many questions, people on visit visa start to wonder how much they’re paying if they overstay their visit or tourist visas.
According to UAE’s government portal, tourist visa holders have a grace period of 10 days, however, if the visitor overstay beyond the grace period, he will be fined with the following:
- AED 200 for the first day of overstay
- AED 100 each consecutive day
- AED 100, as service fee
For UAE residents, they will gave 30 days’ grace period after visa expiry. Fines do not apply on grace period. If a resident overstays his visa, he will be fined with the following:
- AED 125 for the first day
- AED 25 for each subsequent day
- AED 50 per day after six months of overstaying
- AED 100 per day after one year of overstaying