Overseas Filipino who are going back to their workplaces during the enhanced community quarantine will be allowed ‘at any time’.
Cabinet Secretary and Inter Agency Trask-Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Karlo Nograles said that OFWs shoud just need to show proof of their international travel intinerary to be allowed clearance to travel.
Below is the guideline set by IATF-EID for OFWs leaving the country:
– Provided that proof of international travel itnerary scheduled within 24 hours must be presented;
– Provided further that non-essential travel by Filipinos from any port of Luzon shall be suspended;
– Provided further that this provision shall not be interpreted to allow outbound travel by Filipinos to jurisdictions where travel restrictions are in place;
– Provided further that departing passengers may only be accompanied by not more than one person when travelling to any international port;
– Provided further that OWWA may provide transportation services to OFWs intending to leave for abroad;
– Provided finally that all of foregoing shall be subject to joint guidelines to be issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs, the Department of Labor and Employment, and the Department of Tourism.