Many Filipinos from Dubai are planning to go back to the Philippines now that travel restrictions are being lifted gradually. Emirates airline has also announced six flights from Dubai to Clark International Airport in Pampanga for the entire month of June.
In a Facebook post of Geoffrey of Airlink International, below are the rules and guidelines set for OFWs arriving in the airport:
1. After swab testing, all returning OFWs will be brought to their designated hotels inside the Clark or in Mabalacat, Pampanga. They will wait in the hotel for the Covid-19 test results.
2. All returning OFWs will wait for 4 to 5 days for the swab test result in their designated hotels. As soon as results are available, OFWs will then be allowed to go out.
3. IMPORTANT: OFWs will only be allowed to go outside in their hotels/accommodations once they get the negative Covid-19 results and certification from the Bureau of Qaurantine (BOQ).
4. The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) will provide breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for OFWs.
5. OWWA will also provide biscuits and water while being quarantined in the hotels.
6. OWWA will also provide basic and essential needs such as sanitary napkins to OFWs and first-aid medicines like paracetamol if needed.
7. OFWs are not permitted to roam around or outside the quarantine facilities.
8. In emergency cases, OFWs are required to call the frontline desk of the hotel or to OWWA representative in each hotel.
9. It’s also forbidden to change hotel or accommodation rooms while being quarantined.
10. Room-sharing is not allowed for two people.
11. It’s not also permitted to buy stuff or food outside the hotel. OFWs are only allowed to buy or order inside the hotel.
12. Daily temperature checking or monitoring will be done everyday by BOQ or OWWA representatives.
13. OWWA will be the one coordinating with the Local Government Units (LGUs) regarding the return of OFWs to their home provinces.
14. The return of OFWs who are residents of Bulacan will be taken care of the Provincial Office.
15. For all residents of Tarlac, there is an existing rules wherein all returning Filipinos from abroad will go through Tarlac Provincial Health for ‘final clearing’.
16. Extension of quarantine period for OFWs who will violate safety protocols will be imposed. Repeat of swabbing test might also be imposed.