The Philippines and UAE have celebrated their 40 years of formal diplomatic relations on June 17.
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) gave some facts about the two countries’ flourishing relationship.
1. The number of Filipinos in the UAE as of 2019 is more than 649,000.
2. The total amount of approved investment from the UAE since January to September 2019 is worth Php600,700,000.
3. PH-UAE trade in 2018 cost USD2,124.87 million.
4. The Philippines will be participating and having a pavilion at the upcoming Expo 2020 which was moved to October 2021.
5. There are four airlines flying between the Philippines and UAE.
6. The UAE government has recently supplied seven metric tons of Covid-19 medical supplies.
7. Two Philippine presidents have already visited the UAE: Fidel V. Ramos (1995) and Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (2008 and 2009).
8. There are two Philippine missions in the UAE: Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi and Philippine Consulate General in Dubai.
9. The diplomatic relations between the Philippines and UAE started on June 17, 1980.