As UAE gradually goes back to the old normal, authorities have updated the list of Covid-19 fines for violators.
The update was made as they notice the increase in the number of violations after the curfew timings have been lifted.
“The fine will be doubled for those found repeating the violation. Third-time offenders could face up to six months in jail and/or a minimum fine of AED100,000,” Salem Al Zaabi, acting chief of prosecution of the Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee at the Federal Public Prosecution told Khaleej Times.
Below is the updated list of Covid-19 fines and penalties:
For individuals, families, communities:
– Hosting gatherings and inviting people over: Dh10,000
– Attending a gathering as a guest: Dh5,000
– Having more than three passengers in a vehicle: Dh3,000
– Private tutors violating rules: Dh30,000 (and Dh20,000 for whoever hosts the tutor)
– Failure to maintain social distancing at work or other places like shops and restaurants: Dh3,000 per person involved, Dh5,000 for institutions
At the workplace:
-Failure to wear mask at work and office: AED5,000 for the company, AED500 for the employee
On Covid-19 screenings
– Failure to comply with home quarantine rules: Dh50,000
– Failure to download the smart app for tracking and failure to carry smartphones (for those who tested positive for Covid): Dh10,000
– Tampering with the tracking device or app installed by authorities: Dh20,000
– Refusing to do a Covid test: Dh5,000
Photo by Arab News