The UAE authorities have recently opened the majority of UAE mosques in the country for worshippers.
The Dubai Media Office announced a set of guidelines for residents who are going to the mosques to pray while observing the preventive measures below to combat the spread of the new coronavirus:
1. Maintain a distance of three meters from others at all times during prayers.
2. Handshakes are not allowed.
3 Gatherings are prohibited.
4. During the prayers, there will be a row left empty between every two rows.
5. All worshippers must bring their own prayer mat to the mosque and do not leave it behind.
6. It is mandatory to wear gloves and masks at all times and dispose it in trash bins.
7. Do not touch physical Quran copies at mosques. If you wish to read the Quran, bring your own Quran from home and take it with you when you leave.
8. Entry would be barred for individuals with chronic diseases.
9. The mosque will be closed after congregational prayers.
Photo by Daily Sabah