Satwa fire victims thank Consulate for providing immediate assistance to OFWs

0
537

Victims of fire in Satwa thanked the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai and the Northern Emirates for immediately responding and providing them assistance. 

The fire in Satwa has engulfed houses on September 24, leaving many homeless. 

“Tumawag din mismo sa amin si Consul General [Paul Raymund] Cortes para i-ask kung ano need namin o kung okay lang ba ang mga passport namin,” Gina Fe Sanico, one of the victims, told The Filipino Times. 

She said that Cortes quickly called her after the incident, checking if they need any help. 

Sanico recalled that the fire started around 5am in their villa in Al Badaa, Satwa, due to a defected electrical outlet where they used to plug in their microwave. 

She added that the smoke went all the way to the ceiling, and reached a gas tank two-meter aways, resulting in an explosion and further spread of the fire. 

An officer from the Consulate’s Assistance-To-National department called her to ask for more details and to have them fill up a form for cash aid. 

Cortes reiterated the importance of coordinating with the community to reach out to Filipinos who may need help. 

“The coordination between the Consulate and the community is necessary as we reach out to our kababayans who may need any assistance. Rendering support and extending assistance to our fellow Filipinos in times of crisis or on good is always a partnership between everyone in our society,” he said. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here