Are you a former overseas Filipino worker (OFW) who went back to the Philippines because you lost your job abroad due to the pandemic?
Well, here’s good news for you!
You can now start anew by taking advantage of Helping the Economy Recover Thru OFW Enterprise Start-ups (HEROES) which provides an interest-free loan of up to P100,000.
The initiative was launched by the Smal Business Corporation (SB Corporation), the micro-financing arm of the Department of Trade and Industry for start-up business in the Philippines. It launched a P100-million loan facility for OFWs whose employment has been affected by the pandemic.
How to avail of the interest-free loan:
1. Present a video pitch of the start-up business proposal, outlining key components on the nature of the business, product knowledge, management capability, market opportunity, competitive advantage, financial understanding, and business continuity.
2. An OFW may borrow a minimum of P10,000 up to a maximum P100,000 interest-free loan. A service fee of 6 percent will be charged to loans with 24 months payment term and 8 percent with 36 months payment terms, with 12 months inclusion grace period.
3. Application process can be done by accessing bit.ly/HEROESPreReg
• One (1) Government-issued ID with photo
• OWWA Certification or proof of being a repatriated OFW
• AVP of Business Plan
• DTI Registration
• Certificate of completion of an online training session for start-ups conducted by PTTC
• For additional information interested OFWs may visit www.sbgfc.org.ph.