The government of UAE is reportedly amending its law governing citizenship in an effort to grant Emirati citizenship to expats provided they meet certain criteria.
Citing a circular from the Minister of Justice, according to a report published by Arabian Business the amendments that would grant citizenships to investors, entrepreneurs, professionals, and people with special talents in accordance with the following conditions:
1. To renounce his/her original nationality or any other nationality he/she holds.
2. To have a lawful and continuous residence in the country.
3. To be fluent in the Arabic language.
4. To have a legitimate means of subsistence.
5. To have an academic qualification.
6. To be of good conduct.
7. That he/she has not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that violates honor or trust, unless he/she is rehabilitated.
8. To obtain security approval.
9. To swear an oath of allegiance to the state.