In compliance with Philippine regulations, the Inter-Agency Task Force on the management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has revised the arrival and quarantine protocols for passengers arriving in the Philippines, specifically for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). Eligible travelers are required to undergo a facility-based quarantine while waiting for their RT-PCR test administered on day six (6). Day one (1) starts on the day of the passenger’s arrival.
BEFORE YOU FLY AND DURING CHECK-IN
1. As early as 3 days prior to your departure, register and accomplish the Electronic Case Investigation Form and save the confirmation e-mail and QR code:
For land-based OFWs: www.balikpinas.ph
For sea-based OFWs: https://ecif.firstaide.ph
2. For land-based OFWs, create/update your account on the OFW Assistance Information System (OASIS) at http://oasis.owwa.gov.ph/
3. Upon check-in, sign the Declaration and Waiver Form presented by our check-in agent, indicating that you are healthy and fit to travel.
DURING THE FLIGHT
4. Accomplish the Health Declaration Form, Bureau of Customs Form, and Arrival Card.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
5. Upon arrival, listen to the briefing conducted by the Philippine Coast Guard.
6. Undergo a temperature check, submit the Health Declaration Form upon deplaning, and proceed to the designated waiting area. Fill out the Project Care Slip.
7. For sea-based OFWs, wait for your turn to proceed to the verification booth. Present your QR code. For land-based OFWs, you may skip this step.
8. Clear with immigration and submit the Arrival Card.
9. Proceed to your respective desks for your quarantine hotel assignment:
For land-based OFWs and your dependents, proceed to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Desk. Present the same QR code from the e-CIF and submit the OWWA Project Care Slip.
For sea-based OFWs and your dependents, proceed to the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) Desk
10. Claim your baggage at the designated carousel and clear with Customs Check.
11. Exit the terminal and wait for your shuttle/bus that will take you to your assigned hotel.
AT THE QUARANTINE HOTEL
12. Check in at your hotel and wait for the schedule of your test on day 6. Please be reminded that your scheduled test may be postponed the next day or at a later date for any unforeseen circumstances (e.g., typhoons, flash floods, strikes, a shift in stricter community quarantine status, etc.).
Day 1 starts on the day you arrive in the Philippines. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and/or smell, etc.) at any time before your scheduled test, please inform the hotel you are staying in so a medical or BOQ officer can assess and check up on you immediately.
13. Your accommodation and food during your stay will be shouldered by the Philippine government. Any additional hotel fees due to required extensions will be shouldered by their governing agency.
14. If you test positive, the BOQ shall transfer you to a designated hospital for further medical management.
If you test negative, present your test result together with your medical certificate to the assigned quarantine personnel at your hotel for clearance. For a hard copy of your certificate, printing services will be available at your hotel.
To follow up on your test results, please contact OWWA or your respective LMAs.
15. Once you are cleared, you may contact your relatives to pick you up and bring you home.
For Land-Based OFWs, you may coordinate with OWWA or use the OWWA Uwian Na portal for further transportation needs after your final point of arrival.
For Sea-Based OFWs, you may coordinate with your Local Manning Agency (LMA) for further transportation needs after your final point of arrival.
16. Please complete your 14-day quarantine or self-isolation under the monitoring of your LGU and Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams (BHERT).