Filipino Institute is all set to conduct another in-person graduation ceremony on Friday, May 7 at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Deira, Dubai. More than 100 graduates from the short-certification courses and professional diploma programs are officially graduating this week.
This graduation’s theme would be ‘Resurgence of Global Filipinos’ Perseverance Towards Knowledge and Academic Success Amid These Challenging Times’ and will be conducted at the hotel’s Zabeel Ballroom.
In a memo sent to the trainers and students, below are the mentioned conditions:
1. The graduation fee of AED135 which comes with a graduation pin shall be collected in the Filipino Institute Dubai campus. No collection will be happening in the venue, so please settle the fees 2 days before the ceremony. An additional fee of AED50 shall be collected for those who opt to rent toga.
2. Those who want to bring a guest should pay an additional AED130.
3. All attendees are required to wear formal attire.
4. Only those who are on the official list and have paid the amount will be allowed to enter the venue.
5. Assembly time will be at 4pm.
6. Those with outstanding balance are not allowed to attend the ceremony, they need to settle it a week before the day of the graduation.
7. Graduates who have already claimed their certificates and are planning to attend commencement are advised to submit back their certificates for the official acceptance on stage.
8. Graduating students who plan to attend the commencement are advised to send a close-up or half-body photos for the graduation presentation. Please send it in a compilation by class to Dean Lorenzo at +971 54 518 0045 through WhatsApp with your name, course and trainer. These pictures will also be included in the Filipino Institute official magazine The Global Filipino Magazine.
9. All are required to follow the safety protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
11. For the graduation solo photoshoot, you may visit the campus’ studio at Room 1, 4th Floor, Al Zarooni Building, Al Rigga, Deira, Dubai. Please coordinate with Mr. Jonathan Dumas at +971 58 233 1148 to book an appointment.
12. Graduates will receive 2 kinds of certificates, International certificate (IOCP) and Filipino Institute completion certificates. These certificates can be further attested by the Knowledge of Human Development Authority (KHDA) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) with a payment of
AED140 for KHDA and AED320 for MOFA and an additional AED30 fee is required for acquiring TOR.
13. Just recently, the Filipino Institute has attained full accreditation from the International Organization of Healthcare Professionals (IOHP) of London, United Kingdom, International Human Resource Driving
License (IHDL) of Kentucky United States of America, and International Organization Leadership and Management (IOLM) of Arkansas, United States of America. This means that Caregiver and Certified Nursing Assistant graduates may optionally acquire a certificate certified by the IOHP while HR and Admin graduates can acquire the IHDL certificate and all Management courses like Business Management can optionally choose the certified IOLM certificate. All this for a fee of AED350.
14. The global community is a newly established organization that aims to forge solidarity among Filipino individuals and organizations, it was also established to re-kindle the flame of Bayanihan across the UAE and the globe. During its launch recently, it introduced a membership card that comes with lifetime validity and benefits. With the amount of 10AED, this card offers superb discounts and deals in the most sought-after restaurants, bars, beauty chains, health clubs, spas, and more in Dubai and across all other
emirates. To sign up you just need to fill up the membership form and bring it to the nearest Filipino institute campus with your payment to receive your membership card.