2021 Dakilang Bayani Awardee Fevhie ‘Vhie’ Laurilla, upon being conferred with the highest award given by the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai, said that it makes her want to do more in the service of the Filipino community and inspire others as well.
Laurilla is among the seven Filipinos in Dubai who emerged as one of the Dakilang Bayani Awards. She was awarded during the 123rd Philippine Independence Day celebration on June 12 at the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai in the presence of Philippine Consul General Paul Raymund Cortes and his spouse, Madame Yasmin Balajadia-Cortes.
The Filipina awardee has been known for her volunteer work including empowering women, holding financial literacy and mental health seminars.
“My inspiration, most especially these past six years, is the guidance and inspiration of the Consulate and the Filipino people,” she further added.
When she was previously interviewed by The Global Filipino Magazine, she said that after working overseas, she will continue doing volunteerism work, and advocacies that she started years back.
“Most of us are struggling abroad–away from our family–just always put inside in your heart the reasons why you are here, your deepest whys, and everything will be in the right place. Always save for the rainy season,” she said.
Laurilla said she is thankful to her family, friends, relatives, community leaders, and to all her fellow Filipinos.
The following Filipinos were also given the same award:
1. Dr. Mary Jane Alvero, a multi-awarded global business leader and CEO who actively helps her fellow Filipinos in various platforms;
2. Ms. Lalaine Chu-Benitez, an advocate of Championing World Class Filipinos;
3. Mr. Michael Cinco, an internationally acclaimed designer who brought pride, glory and honor to the Philippines;
4. Ms. Josie Conlu, a Community Champion known for showcasing successful Filipinos in various social media platforms and helping distressed Filipinos;
5. Mr. Ace Lester Quijada, an active community leader and public servant in heart and deed; and,
6. Mr. Angel Tesorero, a multi-awarded veteran journalist known for chronicling developments in the Filipino community.