Starting September 16, Metro Manila will be put under general community quarantine (GCQ) with Alert Level 4, the second-highest alert level under GCQ.
According to Department of the Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Ano, mayors in the capital region have decided that there will be one alert level, which is Alter Level 4 in the hopes to lower the Covid-19 cases.
“NCR is currently at high risk case classification as it maintains a moderate risk two-week growth rate and high risk average daily attack rate,” Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said in a statement.
She added that NCR has a high-risk intensive care utilization rate at 77.5 percent while bed utilization is near high-risk classification at 69.5 percent.
The following are prohibited under the new alert level:
Travel for minors, senior citizens aged 65 and above, persons with comorbidities, and pregnant women.
• Below are also prohibited from resuming their operations:
• Libraries, archives, museums, galleries, cultural shows, and exhibits
• Indoor venues for meeting, incentives, conferences, and events
• Karaoke bars, bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters
• Outdoor and indoor amusement parks
• Internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, and similar venues
• Indoor limited face-to-face classes, except those previously approved by the national government
• Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting
• Social events such as concerts and parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers, parades, processions, motorcades, and gatherings at residences with any person outside one’s immediate household
• Fitness studios, gyms, spas, or other indoor leisure centers or facilities, and swimming pools
• All contact sports, except those conducted under a bubble-type setup approved by the LGU
• Medical aesthetic clinics, cosmetic or derma clinics, make-up salons, reflexology, aesthetics, wellness, and holistic centers
• Acupuncture and electrocautery establishments
massage therapy including sports therapy establishments (home service not permitted)
The following are allowed:
• Interzonal and intrazonal travel for people not required to stay at home
•Individual outdoor exercises for all ages regardless of vaccination status, but shall be limited within area of residence
• Al-fresco dine-in services at 30% capacity
• Indoor dine-in services at 10% capacity, but only for the fully vaccinated
• Outdoor personal care services (barber shops, hair spas, nail spas, and beauty salons) at 30% capacity
• Indoor personal care services at 10% capacity, but only for the fully vaccinated
• Gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment, or funerals for those who died from causes other than COVID-19
Image Credit: Reuters